PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 17, 2014

Mobility

knew this day was coming. But that doesn't make it any easier to prepare for! Caroline started crawling. Well, sort of. She started scooting around on her belly, using her little hands and toes to push herself forward. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth. And Charlie can roll across the room in less than a minute to get to whatever he wants. It's darling, really, but the idea of my kids being mobile is more than a little terrifying. We haven't fully baby-proofed yet.. I'm hoping that once we have, it won't be quite so overwhelming. The problem is, I keep forgetting how mobile they are. That they can get into anything, and do get into everything, that I leave on the floor. Those dirty picture frames that I've been meaning to paint that have been sitting on the floor in the corner for the last 3 months? Well now they (and all the germs on them) have been all over in both my kids' mouths. Dirty diapers, my shoes, the remote, my cell phone (oh my, that phone.. Caroline can spot it from across the room and zips right to it every time. My camera roll is full of her "selfies.." see below.) You name it, it's in their mouths. Oh ya, add to that list the bowl of squash puree that I left on the floor after trying to feed Caroline. I walk away for 30 seconds and come back to find this: 


How in the world did I suddenly forget that they were mobile and leave something wide open for them to get into? I have no clue. But they loved it. My carpet did not love it. Seriously though, by the time I found the mess it was already made, so I just let them play there as long as they were happy. On the bright side, they sort of fed themselves for the first time. If you count licking the squash off of your fingers feeding yourself. Oh well, it didn't take long to clean up and it kept them entertained for a while. All it took was an early tubby and less than 3 minutes of floor and clothing scrubbing to get it cleaned up. Not bad :) How I love these two!

Oh, and here's one of Caroline's best selfies:


Haha she cracks me up. She takes videos of herself too, but you can't see most of them because the phone spends most of the time in her mouth. Something about that big red button on the phone - she can't help but push it! 



Happy St. Patrick's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment