PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, June 27, 2014

Wiped Out

Babies poop a lot. And with twins, you get double the poop (yay!). So we made sure we're always well stocked with diapers and wipes. At least three times the amount we think we really need. Maybe that's why this story strikes me as so funny. Though, at the time, I was certainly not laughing.

Forrest has been out of town for work for a while (he's back now thank goodness!), so I've been spending a lot of time at my mom's house. I had taken an entire box of diapers and what I thought was plenty of wipes. But the wipes were in one of those big plastic hard containers - not convenient for travel. So when I packed up the diaper bag for church, I opted to leave the box of wipes behind and grabbed the travel bag of wipes from the car. Then as we sat in church, feeding the babes a snack, some of it inevitably spilled on my dress. So I reached for a wipe. And what did I find? A whopping two wipes, both dry as a bone. I got one wet with water from the sippy cup and mopped up the spill on my dress. And then I spent the rest of church hoping and praying that there would be no poopy diapers to change. Fingers crossed! 

Jump ahead 1.5 hours. Sitting in Sunday School. And my sister hands me Charlie, who stinks something terrible. So I take him into the Mother's Room, which is a small room in the building where moms can nurse, change diapers, rock babies to sleep etc. Usually it's empty. Not today - I walk in to find two other moms there. I don't know either of them. I lay Charlie up on the counter to get him changed and find a massive explosion of brown disgustingness. I use the sink to get my one precious remaining wipe wet and start cleaning him up as best as I can. But of course it's one of those times where he refuses to hold still. I'm talking sticking hands into the diaper, trying to roll off the counter, inevitably spreading poop everywhere. Keep in mind there are still two other moms in this tiny room, all the while having a hushed conversation behind me. Thankfully there are paper towels by the sink, so I get a few of those wet and use them to finishing wiping Charlie and then put him on the ground so I can scrub the counter clean from all the poop. I'm sure the whole process only took 10 minutes, but it seemed like an eternity. I returned to Sunday school thinking the worst was over.

Turns out Caroline had also pooped, so I immediately went through a similar situation again with her (thankfully the other two moms had left). And then to top it all off, Charlie pooped one last time. Seriously? Usually we go through the entire 3 hours of church with no diaper changes. And of course, the one time I only have two measley little dry wipes, my kids turn into poop machines. Oi. Good thing I can laugh about it now! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man . . . We feel your pain. We've had times like that before. The kids not wanting a diaper change is difficult enough. jaja! Good sport.

    ReplyDelete