PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Little Moments

Every evening as I'm making dinner I put the kids in their swings in the kitchen. They usually play there happily for at least an hour. One time Charlie was feeling really sad as I put him in. He cried for a minute once I sat him down, then he was ok. I was cooking away when out of the blue I hear him giggling. I turned around to find him staring at one of the bars that was holding up the swing, holding out his hand to touch it. And he thought it was hilarious! This was right around the time that he had just started to be able to see things, so in addition to me thinking it was absolutely adorable, it also brought me peace knowing he could see that bar. That tender, sweet little moment made my entire day.

And then there's Caroline. My sweet, beautiful little Caroline. She smiles more than anyone I know. Even when she's in the middle of a crying spell, when I walk into the room to see her she takes a quick break from the tears to give me a heart-melting grin. And then she goes back to the cry. She is also a bit shy. So when she sees new people, or even her own reflection in a mirror, she gives the worlds biggest smile and then promptly turns her face away because she just can't handle it! It's absolutely darling. My sister Ashley always says that she about turns herself inside out smiling at people. And she does. And I love it.

My days are made up of countless little moments like this. They are what keep me going. Every heartache and hardship is forgotten when I get a big smile or when I hear a little giggle. It's the little things in life that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment