PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Board Game Blitz

It's Week of Awesome here in the Ledbetter household!! Forrest was so excited and surprised when he got home from work last night and saw this hanging on the door:


Playing board games is one of our favorite activities, but with little ones around we don't get to play nearly as often as we would like to! So the night was devoted to two of our favorite games, Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan.



When I was planning this activity, I was looking for a way to spruce it up a bit so it was more exciting that just playing games. I mean, this is Weeks of Awesome, after all! So I added in a rewards system so that every time we made a play, we were rewarded with something fun! I bought some candy bars and threw them into a bag to create a "prize grab bag" and I had Forrest bring home a pizza so we could use the slices as a prize. I made up the rest of the rewards randomly. It ended up being so much fun! Here is a look at the rewards system we used for Ticket to Ride (and he one for Settlers was very similar). 


Can you tell that by the time I got to green I was running out of ideas? Haha we had a great time playing, talking, eating and laughing. I'm excited for the week to continue with tonight's activity!! More on that tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment