PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Common twin questions

Some twin moms get really upset by the questions people ask - and understandably so! Some people are extremely ignorant and the questions they come up with can be quite impertinent. Impolite. And down right rude! Me, I usually just think they're funny. Now sit back, relax, and enjoy some of the funny questions I've been asked.

Upon seeing that I have a boy and a girl.. "Are they identical?"

"My aunt's cousin's daughter just had twins."

"Are they paternal or maternal?"

When I was pregnant- person: do you know the genders? Me: no, not yet. Person: do you know if they are identical? Me: they're not, they're fraternal. Person: oh! So it's a boy and a girl! I thought you didn't know the genders yet? (Then I try unsuccessfully to help her understand that it is quite possible for fraternal twins to be the same gender).

"Were they natural?" (This is the only question that bothers me. Especially if it's a completely random person that doesn't know me. What in the world do you expect me to say? "No actually, we had to go through years of infertility and spend thousands of dollars and give myself hundreds of shots to get them.")

"Oh a boy and a girl! How perfect! So you are done!"

"Can I have one? I'll just take them right off your hands for you."

When I was pregnant- "are you sure there aren't more in there?"

"Do twins run in your family?" (That's the nice way of asking if they are natural)

And last but not least, this one was not said to me, thank goodness.. "Did you have to have sex twice in the same night to get twins?"

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I'm laughing pretty hard right now Hol! Tatum keeps asking me what's so funny :) Ya people can be ignorant and rude. We've been asked similar questions about adoption that sometimes make me cringe. I'm glad you know how to laugh about it! Love you. -Sar

    ReplyDelete